View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007   #36
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Oh great mob of Houston Texan Fans of Austin, salutations. Be of good cheer, for I bring encouraging news.

Today, I met Shelley, Events Manager for Third Base Austin. She says:
o we are the first NFL fan club to approach 3B;
o they have the ability to support us, with 5 audio/visual "zones" in the bar, and the NFL Sunday Ticket;
o she gave me the email addresses of the A/V Manager and the GM, for me to follow-up.

What do you guys want? Let me know, and I will ask for it. Within reason. If you say "free beer or food", I'm just not going to do anything with that. Here are a couple of suggestions, feel free to add:
o guarantee to show Houston Texans football game each week
o 3 reserved tables each week with prime viewing, held until gametime.

I figure if we show out in droves, that they will naturally gravitate toward marketing 3B as the "official sports bar" of the Houston Texans Fans of Austin. So, ultimately, that is on us.

I'll keep you posted.

Oh...and the Dos Equis was cold. Mmm. Beer.
That sounds gr8. there is no need to push our luck on the grub. Besides it was always a bummer to waste a nice buzz eating at halftime.
I think the items listed are all we can ask fro at this time.
Now do we want to start with preseason or just regular season?
Remember also all of our games are at noon.
Usually we didnt have much of a crowd for home games as most had season tix.
So with that said lets get a roll call going , maybe on another thread and see what can be drummed up here. Thanks Rickyb
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote