Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007   #79
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I love how everyone blathers on how VY won eight games. VY won only one game last year and that was against the Texans. Other than that Travis Henry carried the offense, Pacman, and the defense rose up when they had to.

And for those who would like to argue this check out the Titans wins when Travis Henry played full strength. Henry was rushing for a buck thirty, a buck fifty, a buck seventy.

You got a qb who threw more INT than TD, a completion of just over 51%, and averaged less than 160 yards a game.

The rest that I would like to say is Dilfer won a superbowl, big deal.
Yet Travis Henry didn't start gaining those yards until a certain someone was at QB. I'm just saying, it goes both ways. You mentioned the defense rising up and they were one of the worst in the league. They won one game by themselves. I'll say what I said before and...I didn't go to UT or want to draft VY...all of these "risings up" and "big yardage games" only started during the streak. Take it for what you will. Confidence builds winning and winning builds expectations from all. It is the trickle down theory. If I listened to some of you guys there would be no special QBs because they always seemed to have good players and defenses around them...well yeah, most do at some point.