Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007   #72
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
my mind hasn't changed in years. I called him a "future superstar" in the NFL back when he was a freshman at UT...so no, 8 games hasn't changed my view of him. All I know is if it is 4th and 8 with less than a min on the clock and you are within a score of winning or tying the game I can't think of another QB in the league I'd rather have at QB than Vince Young for one play.

Vince Young had a better rookie season than John Elway did, but if you have read me for a while you know how I feel about random stat grabs....so go figure. I do trust my eyeballs though.
Vinny,
I hear what you are saying, and one day he might be there, but right now if it is 4th and 8 with less than a min on the clock and you are within a score of winning or tying the game, Id take Brady. He has done it so many times in the regualr season and the playoffs that I would take him. Maybe in time, Young will be at that level, but in my mind someday is not today.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote