Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007   #69
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I am board so I figured I would chime in.

And you did compare him to other when you said:

By mentioning the fact that he had more INTs then TD you imply that that makes him a poor choice at QB. A QB who was playing his rookie season on a team that was predicted to be in the toilet, I would agree with a seasoned vet putting up those numbers you have to start to question it.

Since he was a rookie last season it should be fair to put his numbers up against some of the greats and see how he did. About on average with the greats . so again I question even bringing it up.
First I mentioned Dilfer to counter VY getting props for winning eight games. The Ravens won the superbowl not Dilfer, the Titans won eight, not VY.

If you would like to compare rookie seasons then I think it would be fair to compare Leinart to Young.

Leinart started one less game than VY and had more production on just as horrible of a team as the Titans.

The handy cap that Leinart has -vs- VY is Dennis Green -vs- Jeff Fisher.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote