Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007   #58
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
He went 8-5 as a start for a team that was starting a vet QB who had taken his team to a SB and NFC championship game and started 0-5. The loss in NE while they started their #1 D in an game that meant nothing to them is not really an indicator. He loses any of the 8 that the Titans won they would have been just as important.

Taking a team that went 0-5 to start to almost being the first playoff team in NFL history with an 0-5 start to make the playoffs is pretty impressive even for a vet. You add that he was a rookie with questionable WRs, and a team with the 32 ranked D and he still managed to give hope to the fans into the last game.

The guy is a "winner" regardless of the last game he lost. Just makes his mouth water more this season for the chance.
I love how everyone blathers on how VY won eight games. VY won only one game last year and that was against the Texans. Other than that Travis Henry carried the offense, Pacman, and the defense rose up when they had to.

And for those who would like to argue this check out the Titans wins when Travis Henry played full strength. Henry was rushing for a buck thirty, a buck fifty, a buck seventy.

You got a qb who threw more INT than TD, a completion of just over 51%, and averaged less than 160 yards a game.

The rest that I would like to say is Dilfer won a superbowl, big deal.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote