View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004   #50
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Basically what I am reading from you is that Palmer had relatively no impact as a coach, because he happened to be in the right situation at the right time.

If that is that case, Lucky, I'll agree to disagree.
Well, I still don't know exactly what the disagreement is about. I did not say that Palmer has not made an impact as a coach. What I did take disagreement with was the notion that Palmer is universally thought of as a "great offensive mind" or an "offensive genius". If someone cuts Palmer slack for his lack of success with expansion offenses (and they should) then they canít give him all the credit when playing with a stacked deck. Somewhere between "no impact" & "offensive genius" is where the truth probably lies.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote