Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007   #46
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Based on eight games (and his college career) he has swayed your opinion that much Vinny???

I have no doubt to not believe the guy is a heck of an athlete, but as a complete QB, I just cannot believe he is the real thing yet.

I have never, in 30+ years of following football, seen such strong feelings towards one individual player. Of all the previous drafts in the NFL, I can't recall fans looking back for so long, towards who we "coulda had". Is it his Houston connection? t.u. connection? The fact we kept Carr, only to release him the following season? I don't have that answer. What I do know is that you cannot find one post on titansonline.com lamenting their taking LenDale White over Maurice Drew!

vy's passing stats are abysmal, and yet some say he is MontanaStaubachElwayManning-esque. Yes, he was qb during an good run at the end of the season, but defense and special teams had as great, if not greater role in that streak as vy had.
Talk to me Vinny....why are you boggled?

I really don't want to debate VY again or the ins and outs of intangibles but the reason people think he will be like those other guys is one thing.....WINNER. He wins. It isn't a coincidence. He does it at every level. Sure he is going to have some tough times....he might this year. But people follow him and he wins. You can say what you want about defense and special teams, they basically won a game by themselves and VY was the difference in many others. Do you really think it is a coincidence that a teams confidence and overall play improved after that switch?Winners breed a winning attitude and the others will follow. When people believe they are never out of games or that they have a chance no matter the opponent, they have won half the battle.

Honestly, he wasn't my choice for us to draft but I just don't get the "stat" thing or whatever else excuses when he just wins. I mean weren't people talking last year how he wouldn't start for 3 years because he couldn't do in the pros what he did in college?I am not on this guys jock I just will never understand the constant doubt towards a guy who keeps embarrassing people.