Thread: Booing Carr
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005   #75
phan1
All Pro

It definitely wasn't all Carr's fault. Moses' fumble was costly. Our recievers definitely had an off day with a couple of drops. And you all know the Oline situation.

I am definitely getting worried about Carr though. One of the criticisms Carr has always got was that his pocket presence wasn't good enough. Well, you can't improve your pocket presence when its collapsing around you every play. I just really hope he doesn't shell up and start regressing. He's not going to improve if he starts looking at the pass rush and getting scared every play. For Carr's sake, we really need to get him some protection or else he's going to start slipping. There are just too many times when he's looking to run right when the pocket starts falling. He needs to step up, stick it in there, and complete a pass. He really needs to start making quicker decisions and start getting rid of the ball faster.

One of the things that I was worried about was how he wasn't able to complete a lot of his play-action plays. Since that is pretty much the only time he gets really good protection, he should be able to complete a pass, but he just runs out of bounce instead. He's got to find someone open on the play-action.

In the end, Carr needs to get some protection because his confidence is really starting to sink.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote