View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007   #53
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince not lighting it up in camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneBlue View Post
Yep and I never put any stock in it either.

Look at the other "pocket passing" statue type QB's from last year:

Matt Leinart 56.8% throwing to two Pro-Bowl WR's
Jay Cutler 59.1% playing on what was a playoff team until he took over
Vince Young 51.5% having a sub-par WR core anchored by Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade

Now if they all threw 100 balls Leinart might make 5 more, and Jay 7 more than Vince. I'm not seeing that it's a huge difference personally. Just think there's a whole other dimension to Vince that the other two don't have and it's not like they can work on it, but Vince can work on passing (which he has been doing).
So i guess that completion % is just a bunch of fooey huh? You will see a difference when that field gets shorter & he can't pass the ball b/c the defensive players don't have to worry about the deep ball anymore & can keep everything in front of them including his running.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote