Thread: i'm back
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: i'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by treygar View Post
then please explain to me why it was even allowed for people to keep their dates and post counts from the official board???
The software does not allow everyone to start at zero, because it automatically counts the history of the forum and everyone's posts, IIRC.

The owner of TexansTalk invited the history of the old 'official' board instead of closing down his site. The history of TexansTalk was on unstable software and was not compatible with VBB, so it was unable to be merged with the current software. There were many attempts tried behind the scenes, too.

Obviously it is your right to feel "hosed", but most folks were cool with it, and together, everyone has made the new TT better than both of the previous boards combined.

I hope you stick around, and you never know, you might make some new friends that share a common passion in the Texans.