View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie featured in Cy-Fair/Cy-Falls matchup on ESPN2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
There's a slight difference between running by people (VY) and hurdling linebackers (McGuffie). How ofter do you see people get hurdled in college? Players are bigger and faster, and teams are coached better to prevent 1 on1 match ups.

I'm not saying that he's going to bust or anything, it should be fun to see how he does in the Big-10, but I can easily imgaine him trying to hurdle somebody in practice and either a) getting light up bya defender or b) getting a massive ass chewing by the coashes. That's all; whiole that and I can't remember the last time I saw somebody hrudle defenders so much in a series of highlight clips.

McGuffie was the first high school player I saw to hurdle a defender, and I have been on the high school scene of watching playoff and state championship teams since Thurman Thomas' heyday.

I can imagine that care would be exercised because that crap is humiliating. He ran a hurdle on one of my students during the playoffs and I wasn't about to further the pain by mentioning McGuffie or anything other than congrats for a great season.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote