View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie featured in Cy-Fair/Cy-Falls matchup on ESPN2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
Time will tell. I remember many saying that what Vince Young was doing at Madison would not work in college when competing with the best of the best. After having a successful college career, many said he would only be drafted as a wide receiver.

Perhaps, hurdles won't work in college, yet it will be interesting to see how McGuffie's talents will translate into the next level.
There's a slight difference between running by people (VY) and hurdling linebackers (McGuffie). How ofter do you see people get hurdled in college? Players are bigger and faster, and teams are coached better to prevent 1 on1 match ups.

I'm not saying that he's going to bust or anything, it should be fun to see how he does in the Big-10, but I can easily imgaine him trying to hurdle somebody in practice and either a) getting light up bya defender or b) getting a massive ass chewing by the coashes. That's all; whiole that and I can't remember the last time I saw somebody hrudle defenders so much in a series of highlight clips.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote