Thread: Gridiron, TX?!?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007   #7
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Gridiron, TX?!?

It's advertising, is Budweiser the most refreshing beverage on the planet? Are any slogans or claims totally true in advertising? I work in advertising and I know that is not true. Not sure why anyone would get offended because of the Texans advertising for seats in the stadium.

I just thought your post reeked of, "How dare the Texans advertise another section besides the Bullpen," and frankly that is the kind of talk that creates the atmosphere of division that I have felt at times here and with fans in general. I am glad the Texans are now making everyone feel welcome by giving attention and a nickname to us upstars. They are even doing promotional events upstairs for us this year. I think it's great you have your Bullpen and reasons for being there, but I my own valid reasons for being up there.

The main thing is, they are selling tickets where they are available. They are going to make them sound like the most desirable seats. In my opinion, pretty much everything they said was mostly true. Best view of the action and loudest area (when you have 30k people, yes it is the loudest section). For the first 3 seasons, the Texans ignored the 500-600-700 levels. The only thing you heard in all advertising was Bullpen, Bullpen, Bullpen and more Bullpen. It frankly made everyone else feel like we weren't appreciated and not exactly important to the team. So your post kind of irritated that same sore that the Texans are trying hard to heal.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote