View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HPF:The Brat Pac

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/slant/slant79.html

Quote:
For all the Matt Schaub trading, Amobi Okoye drafting, and Rick Smith hiring the Texans did this winter, it was an altogether separate, non-Texan-initiated transaction that may ultimately do more for the 2007 Texans than Schaub, Okoye and Smith combined.

And that something was Pac-Man Jonesí year-long suspension from the Tennessee Titans.

Baby Vince received the lionís share of the credit last year for Tennesseeís 8-3 finish but a closer (read: less Vince-obsessed) inspection reveals Baby Vince was ESPNís Whoís Now to Pac-Manís ESPN, circa 1998. Blasphemy, I know, especially in these parts, where Baby Vince swims leisurely in a pool of oft-mentioned, but forever never-provable intangibles, soaking up hero status. But, letís be honest: his legend (in relation to his actual impact on the Titans) has been severely overblown. He finished 2006 with the 30th-best passer rating in football; his average yards per attempt ranked 31st. And the guy barely completed 50% of his passes (51.5%).

Oh, I know Ė wins are the only number that matter. And I agree. But a closer look at Tennesseeís 8 wins reveals decidedly non-Baby Vince markings.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote