View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005   #17
Chawky1
Veteran

Last years draft was good for O-line...don't know about this years. As for stealing away MY Seahawk players...I have some serious issues with that . There is no doubt that Walter Jones is a stud, top 3, heck maybe even top 2 LT's in the entire league. He is getting a bit longer in the tooth though, and has been getting a lot more nicked up in the last two years than prior ones, but still plays as an elite talent. Problem is that you have to break the bank for him. Regardless of how the league views him, HE and his agent feel he is the BEST O-lineman in the entire league and wants to be paid as such. He wants Ogden money and doesn't like or want to come to training camp. I guess the good news is that he doesnt appear to need it as he stepped right in and played like a Pro Bowler the last 3 years straight after missing all of camp. I don't know what your cap situation is like, but be ready to spend big bucks to get him. I doubt he will be tagged this year, so he goes to the highest bidder and it wont be the Hawks. I feel you have too many holes to fill and he will eat up a ton of cap space. If you were 1 or 2 O-line away from a playoff spot then maybe, but I feel you need to upgrade like 3 on the O-line, 1 or 2 on the D-line, and a better TE. Could use some depth in other areas as well....
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote