View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005   #22
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well thats my point.. we are no stranger to having a nonexistant pocket for Carr.. and yet we just kept "chopping wood" as Del Rio would say.. and as the scoreboard showed, we missed the stump and hit our leg plenty of times.

We HAVE plays in the playbook that gets the ball out of Carrs hand QUICK.. but we didnt use them.. we just kept dropping back and hoping that on THIS play, the line would hold long enough for us to throw it deep.

Hey, I know we need the big play, but the #1 rule I keep hearing from good coaches is "take what they give you" .. if your QB has been sacked 4 times and ran out of bounds more than that.. you dont "keep chopping wood" you take advantage of their stacking the box and do some dump offs.. back em up a little and slowly work your way back into a position to throw long.

I mean geez.. the browns secondary sucks.. if we would have done SOMETHING to take the pressure off Carr.. he could have made some big plays.. instead we just kept wishing on stars and hoping the next play would go better.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote