Thread: Booing Carr
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005   #47
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ah, kudos to starting this thread as this was one thing (well, among many) that stood out in this game.

Interesting quote from McKinney that he knows some guys were getting beat - he must've had plenty of time to watch his fellow linemen get beat after his rusher already passed him by.

I'm not sure if it's a different style, but interesting that the one play Banks was in he did a 3 step drop then stepped up into the pocket. Carr's style this game seemed to be more a 5 step drop then head further back and to the side. Banks didn't get a rush up the middle, where Carr seemed to always get the inside rush.

As for those that booed Carr coming back in.. y'all suck. Plain and simple. With little protection from the line, being sacked numerous times in your 3 nfl years, your team (coaches or players) unable to figure a cover 2, and about 1500 + pounds just waiting to come in and introduce you to the turf each play... I think you'd have some happy feet as well. As others noted above - you wanna boo.. aim it towards the O-line.

What to get in the offseason? A center, some TE's and a friggin pass rush on defense. Eveything else seems to be a good foundation.

Also, I'd like the TEXANS to be the underdogs in every game next season and EARN that "respect" they are searching for.. seems like they need to gain that back from the fans as well. No more 10 point favorites, thank you.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote