Thread: 12th pick?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005   #7
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
If I'm not mistaken the Texans will select 12th overall in the 2005 draft, thats if the Cowboys beat the Giants, if the Giants beat the Cowboys Texans select 13th.

Any thoughts of who the Texans might select now?
It's way early, but I'll take a stab at it. IMO we have two critical needs - improving our pass rush and improving our pass protection. The problem with our first draft selection is finding someone who is worth the early selection and who also fits our system.

Offensively, I like David Baas - OG (he would be a reach at #12); Elton Brown - OG; Alex Barron - OT; Jammal Brown - OT.

Defensively, Rod Wright will be returning to school. Marcus Spears did not impress this past weekend. Derrick Johnson did not impress. Ahmed Brooks will be returning to school. In fact, right now I'm not partial to any of the elite defensive players as a fit for our system, for this early pick.

So I'm leaning toward one of the OLmen.

What really intrigues me, is using our second pick on Haloti Ngata. A project, he has the potential to dominate on the DL. A natural NT, he has the athletism to also play DE. A junior, I haven't read a clue which direction he is leaning.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote