View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: SA Fans

Realizing that if Jerry said jump, you'd say how high, I'll do my best to explain it to you through your blue blockers

SA has never been anything but a Dallas stronghold. At no time, even during the Bum Phillips/Earl Campbell era have SA fans strayed from their loyalty to the Cowboys. There are many factors, but the biggest being the news media has always been biased in their reporting on any Houston team. I've tried over the years to draw parallels for the nimwits at KENS and the other affiliates, using our Spurs as an example. Outside the SA/Austin/South Texas market, the Spurs garner little respect. Prior to SA having any World Championship rings, you'd be lucky to hear anything outside Loop 410 on the Spurs. But the local media never fell off the Spurs bandwagon, and over time developed a loyal fanbase, even before the Championship rings. All I've ever asked from them is some balance in their reporting of professional football, because if we saw some of that, we'd see the Texans fanbase grow in this area. If you think for two seconds that Sister Jerry hasn't had a strong influence to make sure that doesn't happen, well, those blue blockers you're wearing are blinding ya I agree the Texans haven't marketed well outside the Houston market, and I hold them responsible for that. I'm sure a winning record would help a bit also, but I know from years of dealing with these morons at KENS, it won't make much difference, it's hard to see anything when you've had your nose firmly planted in Jerry's buttcheeks for years
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote