Thread: Booing Carr
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005   #45
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the same thing bigfan, after reading it a second time. It does seem to be one of those "read between the lines" kind of comment. Especially the
Quote:
We have to fix things in here first. The outside stuff is going to take care of itself.
line. Makes you wonder what kind of 'internal' stuff they need to fix doesn't it?

One thing I wish Carr himself would fix is the lack of 'Pocket Awareness' that he has exibited lately. Step up into the pocket and quite running like a jack rabbit out of it. Course with a Center that thinks that 6 sacks a game and multiple 'fight or flight' scenarios exibited by Carr today with the Browns pass rush is 'normal' it is easy to understand how Carr could be very nervous with this O-line.

Personally I don't support boo-ing your own team. But I can see the other side of this argument also and understand the fans desire to express their displeasure. I won't do it myself though. As exibited by Carr's quote, the team already knew how bad they played. The don't need their own fans to 'critique' it in such a vocal way as they did today, IMHO.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote