View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005   #4
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Positive thoughts

Although it was a cruddy ending to the season, I feel there are some very good things to look forward to.

Dunta Robinson. Remember how many people wanted the Texans to trade away the kitchen sink to get Sean Taylor? He wasn't bad, but Dunta is going to be a great cover corner. As the season wore on teams started attacking the pro-bowler instead of the rookie.

Jason Babin and Antwan Peek. I mention these 2 together, because I think if they can get more time together they will be a force. They both have tremendous motors and know how to get pressure on the QB. Both are still learning, but I think they will be great OLBs for the Texans.

Glenn Earl. I personally like him as a SS. He's physical and just over a year removed from a knee injury. With Robinson he will help give the Texans a good backfield for years to come.

Domanick Davis. He struggled early with fumbles, but was the horse the Texans needed for most of the season. He ended up with career highs in TDs and yards.

Andre Johnson. Pro Bowl in his 2nd year. Early #s very comparable to other great WRs. That's not to assume he will end up his career as good as them, but he has the attitude and ability to be one of the great ones.

Charley Casserly. He has found some great talent in the drafts. I am glad I don't have to read about arrests and altercations each week. These players are professional and keep their noses clean.

David Carr. I can think of only a handful of QBs I would rather have and only one of them has a SuperBowl victory (Brady). He's a competitor that is just as frustrated by the inconsistant play as anyone. He is progressing and changing QBs every 3 years isn't a formula for winning.

Draft day is only 4 months away. Time to discuss the newest member of the Texans.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote