View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007   #22
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess Mac really wanted VY

"An experienced agent, someone like a Leigh Steinberg might have made the case in JANUARY to the Texans that VY by any measure should be the first pick in the draft and as worth giving up on Carr"
Oh it's now VYs agents fault that the Texans didn't draft him ? That's downright silly. Its the Texans fault, nobody elses that they held on to Carr and passed on VY. That kind of statement might make you the supreme apologists for the bumbling incompetence of the Texans in the 2006 Draft.
Now I'm not a big Reggie Bush fan - yet. But obviously he's looking much better than what we got so far. But to blame bad-timing (really another way of saying bad-luck), is also silly. Didn't seem to stop the Saints from quickly making the smart decision ? I think it has more to do with being overly prudent and too tentative and too risk aversive.
I have to wonder where the man was who effectively and decisively dealt with the shrewd and evil corporate bad guys like Ken Lay & Jeff Skilling at the former energy titan Enron when negotiating a sweet deal to cash out his Cogeneration business and become a billionaire in liquid terms ?
IMO that guy deserted Bob McNair big-time when he needed him most in terms of making the best decisions for his franchise during the 2006 NFL Draft.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote