Thread: The Old Boards!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Old Boards!

Thank you for your support, Hookem! This place wouldn't exist without you, and speaking for myself, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you opening the doors and inviting us all in.

I think there will be a place for both forums. TexansTalk has a very mature fan base, even to the point of being able to support a 'smack' forum for jabbing at/with rival fans. But it takes some maturity on the part of posters to allow that kind of interchange to happen, because many times internet arguments just devolve into flame wars.

The official board would never work with a smack forum, and due to the constant influx of new members through the official team site, the forum must be heavily policed to enforce the rules and keep it from becoming a pile of spam mush. I can't even begin to tell you how many posts/threads were deleted at the old boards, and how many posters had to be banned because of it. And being that it is owned by the team, there has to be tighter modding to protect their interests.

So I think there is a place in Texansland for both. Like Vinny mentioned, many folks over here know each other, and we tailgate together and have a great community that continues to grow. We are friends at the local neighborhood Cheers bar. The official site will be more of a sports bar, where people don't necessarily know each other as well, so the internet posturing is much more evident.