View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007   #17
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
3rd base, hmmmmmm.
That might be fun, Kaiser T has been there also.
I used to run everything out of the Saxon, and they fed us( for free), discounted drinks, bought us shots, waited on us hand and foot. Not to mention we had the place all to ourselves, totally rival the Shoal Creek Saloon, but when the games went awry on KEYE we just couldnt get anyone to come. I have a mailing list of at least 50 or so from these boards.
So here we are now, and I have Direct TV NFL ticket( always have), a 56" Samsung HDTV, and really dont care to spend cash when I dont need to, but if ya'll show up I will meet you for sure.
PM me if you want when we get closer to the season and we can hang!

OK, so as the season approaches, let us coordinate activating the Texans Fan Club of Austin. Meanwhile, I'll see about getting some sort of commitment from Third Base: I'd like to see them advertise or promote as the "official" Texans place to watch in Austin, ala Shoal Creek for the Saints. As a countermeasure to K-EYE uncertainty, we will absolutely need Sunday Ticket. I know there are other places in town that carry the Sunday Ticket, but Third Base would be optimal first shot given the location, free parking (good call!), and brew selection.

Best,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote