Thread: Canopies
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Canopies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
How do you get around the yellow coats, Speedy? They always tell us that we have to take ours down when we go to the game.

Your suggestion about weighing the legs down is key to keeping your canopy in working shape. We're on our third one now since 2002, and the first two were destroyed by strong winds.
I've never had a yellow coat tell me to take it down.

The first year I used it, there were a couple of days where there just wasn't any wind, and I didn't secure it. When I came back, it was fine, but they slapped a warning sticker on my car.

If I have it well secured, which I always do now, they don't have a problem. Plus we usually have somebody hanging around out there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The guys at our tailgate secure our canopies with ice chest and bungie cord. Seems to work just fine and eliminates the need to haul sandbags around. Just a suggestion. My little old EZ up is going on it's sixth year. Not quiet as fancy as TEDS 10x10, but, it comes in handy when needed. The guys just lower the canopies when we go to the game. As far as I know, the yellow shirts have never said a word about leaving them up.
Yeah, some in our crew do that as well. The sandbags aren't that big a deal. They stand up and wrap around the leg and are secured with a pin at the bottom of the leg. Has never moved an inch and we've had some pretty windy days out there, although if it's real windy, I do lower it.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote