View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I dont really understand why SS is such a strong need. Glen Earl seemed to be playing very solid. If it is for run stopping, then I think a good Dlineman would have more impact than another SS.

Walker is not doing so well.. Payne is great, but old.. both positions could use a talented young player. Honestly Robaire Smith is the only player on our Dline who I think is set in stone. Payne is great, and could probably be our DT for another season or two.. or at least until next year when we can get Ngata (who i agree, if he declares would be a GREAT grab) but we need someone to take the starting spot over Walker. Walker would be fine as a backup, someone we could throw in to spell others, but I dont think he is good enough to be the starter anymore.. at least not judging by his play this year.
the Safety thing has gotten around the draftsperts sites and just won't go away despite the fact the safety play has improved as the year went on. A good half of those sites have the Texans taking a safety in the 1st 2 rounds and in many cases have the team reaching to do so.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote