View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

First, you dont need to talk to anyone. you would be laughed at until you left, and then im sure they would call you and tell you to sign who you wanted???...
Second, Johnson cant consistently beat 2 or 3 guys. Bradford is not our answer and other people w/sense on this board have said that...gaffeny is a slot reciever. also Carr cant throw to someone if he is running or eating grass.
Next...you wouldnt get what you think you would for those guys. jourppe is injured goods and unproven in EVERY aspect. Wells has shown glimpses but nothing close to being able to be a down back.
Payne will be back because no one can take his spot yet, look for that to be addressed first day and/or free agency.
The linemen i would look at if you want a strong, young line would be jones from seatle.
I agree on you with us needing a safty to replace colemen. Earl will be the league average and that is good for a year or two. We have bigger issues than colemen this year. i would give him more time for adjustment. Also there are no playmaking safties in this years draft, sean taylor was rare...thats why he was top 5.
1st round: Any line, get the best guy available. I would avoid barron because i think he will be a bust. i would sign as many free agents as possible, maybe take two or three linemen in the draft.
2nd.: look linemen again unless a 1st round linebacker slips. it all starts in the trenches.
3rd.: Now look for lb, if we took one before look for maybe a te, a fifth round is too late...we have billy miller...
3rd.: look secondary, maybe a project cb like gamble last year. POSSIBLY look for clarrett, i dont like him as a person and i dont know if the Texans would consider him, i think with a little diciplen from capers he could show his natural talent.
4th.: I look speed reciever, im thinking someone possibly like an antonio perkins, he can double as a pr, kr. and just divert some attention away from johnson.
5th.: we should take a defensive player who is VERY raw but seems to have natural instincts, ie peek w/out so much attitude.
6th.: get the best kicker available. kris brown is going back to his pitsburg days already, its a shame too.
7th.: O line, you see more 7th round o line men that anything.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote