View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
No, he waited to do that with our second pick and the move up into the first round to select Babin. Actually, my criticism of the price paid for Babin is
sofening, but I still think we still paid a premium.
"At 10, Houston made a great choice, cornerback Dunta Robinson. He may be the defensive rookie of the year."
And I second that. D-Rob would have been worthy of a top 5 pick.
The only major screw up Cass has made so far re. the college draft was his
pick of Hollings.

well I'll agree to disagree with you on this Babin was not a panic pick but a stroke of genius. the fact that the Titans bleed us a little to get him still did not lessen the fact he is in process of becoming everything envisioned as a 3-4 OLB.

looking at this years candiates or crop of linebackers/defensive ends that could convert to OLB Pollack comes the closest & I would expect him to be gone by pick 17. So the Texans really got great value in the Babin pick despite all the draft picks they traded away.

speaking of Pollack I think he would be an outstanding selection if still available when the Texans select. Imagine Babin LOLB and Pollack ROLB. Surely with the mix of linebackers Peek, Sharper, Wong & Foreman that would be a formidable group capable of filling all the gaps.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote