View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007   #123
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No help for Vince Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
VY may not be the most eloquent guy in the world, but he said exactly what needed to be said while still leaving PacMan with a little dignity. I like the fact that he didn't throw the guy completely under the bus. Add to that the fact that he is taking the team leadership role on this whole issue speaks volumes for any QB much less a guy who has yet to play a full season.

respect to VY for showing some class. he just has a roundabout way of wording things when he has an armada of microphones in his face.
Leadership is soooooo overrated.

Signed,

Texans Talk

p.s. I agree with you, but think that Young realizes what a big part Pacman played in his success last year. Contrary to legend, popular opinion, and love letters from flaming meatball fans, VY did not win all those games by his lonesome. As a matter-of-fact, Pacman was as a big of a component as anyone on that team for their success last year (although I will not be surprised if an inbred fan tries to tell us that it was Young's inspiration that spurred Pacman to play great).

Young is one of those players that you can't help but like, in spite of the hatred for our division rival. Sort of like hating the Cowboys but liking Aikman, Smith, Moose, etc., back in the day.