View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
No, he waited to do that with our second pick and the move up into the first round to select Babin. Actually, my criticism of the price paid for Babin is
sofening, but I still think we still paid a premium.
"At 10, Houston made a great choice, cornerback Dunta Robinson. He may be the defensive rookie of the year."
And I second that. D-Rob would have been worthy of a top 5 pick.
The only major screw up Cass has made so far re. the college draft was his
pick of Hollings.

I am going to play the "if and buts" game a bit with this. More me having fun than really getting on Casserly.

The Hollings trade made the Babin happen. If the Texans do not make the pick for Hollings then the Texans are sitting at the top of the 2nd round with that pick. That is 10 spots. Assuming that the Texans want Babin then here are the options:

They take more of a chance that he is going to last 4 or 5 more spots.
They trade from the spot ten picks higher giving fewer picks.
They make the same trade with the 33rd pick still in their pocket.

Of course, they would have had bring another player to "replace" Hollings either in FA or the 2004 draft, but in the offseason approaching 2005 effectively the Texans may still need to pick up RB to compliment DomDavis.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote