View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007   #33
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would you have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I agree 100% with you. This was my thinking on draft day...but I really can't complain with the Jacoby Jones pick because I don't know the guy. I mean how many people here can tell me they have seen Jacoby play more than one game? Or how many of you can tell me you have seen him play one game? Jason Hill was a good prospect and would have been a good 3rd round choice in my opinion but who is to say that Jacoby isn't a good 3rd round choice also (or even a better prospect than Hill)?

What is interesting about that selection is that after we picked Jacoby Jones, 6 out of the next 7 selections were wide receivers. I think that Jacoby would have been selected by one of these teams had we not selected him. Obviously, the Texans were partial to him so they made a good decision on when to select him. People were saying on draft day that it may have been a reach in the first half of the 3rd round but hey, 6 out of the next 7 selections were WRs. IMO it was either grab him then or don't get him. And that goes for most of the remaining decent receivers as well because the decent remaining players of the group were getting snatched up in that first half of the 3rd round. If we were going to get a decent WR after we took Okoye it was going to be at that spot...let's just hope we took the right one.
That could be true. I won't argue that... I just don't think he steps in and is a WR2 this year. Even Kubes is talking about Walters as the 2. I do think that we could have gotten a safety at that spot. Or a running back who could be the future rb of the team..

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote