Thread: Leach
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TT is not an abreveation most Raiders like
Then why do you have it on your helmet?

Even though I see a few of their games on tv every year, I haven't seen/heard Leach speak that often (he's not constantly put in front of us in a media sense). I'm guessing that others who don't see/hear Leach that often might have come away with the same impression I did. Arrogant, aloof, condescending, unprofessional, smart *** are all terms that came to mind during that one-minute interview. I kind of felt sorry for the reporter. Instead of grabbing the perfect opportunity to extol the virtues of 'Tech' and praise his guys or the opponent or even acknowledge the fact that they were glad to be there (I assume they were) he was an a-hole. Not picking on anyone or talking about anyone's coaching ability -- that's just how it hit me in a first impression kind of way - on a national broadcast. I'm not an Ag or a Horn.

Aside from the coach, I'm glad his team won because most of his kids are from Texas and many are from the Greater Houston area. I'm also glad they stuck it to those those Cal weenies because of all the whining about the Rose and how they were so screwed. Well, a 7-4 or whatever Big 12 team just showed them that they were probably overrated. Arrington is a nice looking back though, isn't he?

Last edited by aj.; 12-31-2004 at 07:04 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote