View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007   #16
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would you have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
The only thing I would have done differently this off-season was the Schaub trade and the signing of Green.

We already had an unproven QB in Rosenfels so giving up two No. 2 picks for another unproven QB (Schaub) and signing him to a huge contract seems a little foolish. I would have preferred Sage get shot at the job and saved the picks. This also leads back to the decision to give "he who shall not be named" the starting job out right at the beginning of last year instead of making it a competition. In a strait up competition last year, I think Rosenfels would have won the job. Truth be told though, this isn't that big of deal though. I think Schaub is going to be a very good QB for us, and if he isn't, we still have Rosenfels as a back up.

As far as Green is concerned, 30-year-old running backs are at the bottom of the hill headed downward. No reason to give him a multi-year contract when Dayne looked pretty darn good last year. This move really doesn't hurt us that much, other then salary cap space.
With Sage I feel that you do have a proven QB. He is a proven backup... but he has also proven he is not a starter. Before the board merger I disected his performance in the Tenn game and found that alot of his throws weren't "on target" but rather nice catches. I also found that he rarely put recievers in a position to move after the catch. Wasn't it Jay Fiedler he wasn't able to beat out for a starting job?

With Schaub you have a guy who hasn't gotten a chance because of a huge contract in front of him.

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote