Thread: A Favor
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I agree.

ESPN is in the business of making money. The Texans have enough trouble getting Houstonians interested enough to buy tickets, so why would ESPN dedicate more time to a team that has done pretty much nothing but lose and make questionalbe moves since inception ?

Honestly, do you guys want to hear more about the Atlanta Hawks ?

You have to think about it from a national perspective...

Teams that lose a lot/ have very few--or no--media enticing players aren't going to dominate the airwaves...

That wouldn't be very smart on ESPN's part....
Totally disagree.

ESPN sucks! ESPN has lost their mission...

ESPN, as introduced in the late 70's was in the business of being the "Worldwide Leader in Sports". This means reporting sports, not picking and choosing who they think is the sexy story de jour. For the 2 1/2 hours that they showed Roger Clemens "AA" start, I think they could have reported on something more worthwhile -or- have shown the regularly scheduled game..

"The Texans have enough trouble getting Houstonians interested enough to buy tickets"???? huh???? Thats news to me. 50 home games (including pre-season) - 50 sell outs....

As far as listening about the Atlanta Hawks, sure, so what, as long as they (ESPN) were making their rounds around the entire NBA and reporting equally with insight....

Again, that was their original mission when they started 38 years ago....