Thread: A Favor
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
There's reporting, and then their are columnists. I want to read sports opinions--but I want them to be based on facts.
This is what I ment, I guess I sorta messed up on my wording and phrasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I guess my question is: why do bad teams deserve worse (inaccurate, superficial) sports coverage than good teams? I'm not resonsible for the way my team drafts or how it is coached. I just want to know more information about the players, coaches, schemes, things to look for, etc. Why do I need to get a ration of crap when I'm trying to find out more information about my favorite team?

I have to admit it is kinda fun bopping people on the head a little when they think they can just punchline their way through their writing. People are more likely going to say junk when they think nobody is going to call them on it.

Right here is exactly it, the dolts who are on major radio or tv can say what they want about bad teams because they will not be confronted about it. OK, a blog can be written and we can put feedback on some of the writings on eSpin, Fox, or cbs if it is on the website. None of can do much if it is said on the air. It is not like I can walk up to Schlereth and tell him just how wrong he is or debate him on what lineman that him and the hairdo wanted the Texans to take at number 10. So they get away with being two-faced on there analysist of teams, because one is not doing so well.

Prime examble of this (college but it works) is in 2005 prior to the start of Notre Dames season, Mark May an analysist on eSpin said Notre Dame would lose there first 6 games or if they were lucky would win one of them. Well his sidekick is Lou Holtz who used to coach at ND. After the 6th game Holtz asked May about his prediction, and instead of being a man and saying opps I was wrong, he just folded his arms and sat there and did not say a word. This exemplifies eSpin and how they conduct business. No matter if it is on college gameday or NFL countdown or NFL live.