Thread: A Favor
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
If I want an in-depth Lions article I will go to the Detriot newspaper website. If I want an in-depth Cardinals article, I will hit the Arizona Republic. These days there are fansites that do better than any newspaper. Good coverage of any team I want to read about is out there. Thanks to the net, the coverage is out there. So to beg and plead for national coverage to do the Texans better or other teams without winning traditions better is akin to asking for the impossible. It has never happened it it never will. But in 2007, there are many more options out there to get that information. So why should your or anyone else waste time trying to change a media that has worked in the same way forever? No national columnist is going to give me the type of coverage that a local beat writer or a writer on a fansite can give me. No matter how hard they try, there simply isn't enough time.

So you can demand to get something from a national source, but why do that when local and fan-based sources are doing just fine? Will it make you feel better to hear it come from a national voice? Do you live in some fantasy world that the majority of the country actually cares about the Texans and think they are chomping at the bit for better coverage? They are sitting back and shaking their heads just like we used to do about the Saints.
I'm just a fan and a blogger that wants better material to work with.

I do think there is a desire for better sportswriting. There are fans of the NFL and their are fantasy players, and they want to hear mo better information about all of the teams.

You never know what is possible unless you try. (BTW, the ESPN guy I wrote the article about emailed me and enjoyed what I wrote. You never know what seeds you are sowing....)