Thread: A Favor
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
I am not saying that journalism should be name calling, what I am saying is that NFL journalism has always been namecalling. It's just part of athletics in general. When the Oilers were doing well and people were calling the Saints the Aints, I didn't care really. I will be honest, I thought nothing of them and thought they plain sucked. The same thing about the Lions now. Unless there is an in-depth article about the Lions, I wouldn't expect anything more than a mention about Lions being the destination for under-achieving WRs and a joke about Millen's job security. In an in-depth article about a losing team is the only place you are going to get real discussion about them. Outside of that, that losing team will be a punchline. That is just the way it is, and has been that way for awhile.

Houston having one paper doesn't help the situation at all. You have some of the biggest bandwagoner writers I have ever read at the Chronicle. People who get so much information and access and totally squander it in favor of personal agendas and notoriety. Chronicle needs some competition badly.
So just because it has been that way for a while we should just bend over and say thank you? I do not get this logic. The New York Times and CBS are very leberal news outlets and slant their views accordingly so you really donot get a fair reporting of government and Fox is conservative, if they all covered one way or the other we would not get the trth and since it has been this way for a while it is ok.is that what you are saying.

As a broadcast journalism mahjor in college, reporters were just that, they were suppossed to report the facts and let individuals make their own conclusions, not manipulate the facts so a person interupts the news my way of thinking based on my beliefs. I do not care if it sports, politics or the weather I want it reported without a slant to it and then I can make up my own mind.

This should not be to hard to ask, but to many people with agendas report only what they want to report, ala Mark May and Matt Mosley.