Thread: A Favor
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007   #9
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
The issue is that ESPN and sports journalists used to just cover sports news. Now ESPN thinks of ratings more than coverage. Remember back in the day When sportscenter used to show highlights of every single game, regardless of who it was? Whether it was Yankees/Red Sox or Pirates/Reds, we got highlights of every single game along with the boxscore. Then shortly before the ABC purchase, they shifted to doing a decent job only covering the big media teams. So no other team mattered and were a punchline.

Way back in the day when inside the NFL started on HBO, the main reason I got that cable channel was to watch Oiler "highlights". The game may have stunk for me as a fan, but it was always good to get anything about the team. I quit watching Inside the NFL several years ago because they went to only showing the marque games. Personally I don't care about the Vickings, or whatever lower tier team you want to name, but I respect the fan of that team wanting news on that team as much as I want news on mine and am willing to watch a piece on them till they got to a piece on mine. Now though, why watch when I know that the chances of my team showing up on the show is slim. I can't post in the blog right now though. My work blocks them too.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote