View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007   #68
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No help for Vince Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
No question on Pacman. That will hurt us. I think we have made effort as a stop gap. Well let me say this. I think our #2 CB has improved while our #1 CB has dramatically lowered.

WR I think we are in about the same boat. Not many Titans fans will back Bennett. He had his time here is it was time to move on. He drops way to many critical balls. 2 seasons go I can specifically remember 1 ball that went right through his hand in the end zone. It just seemed as a perfect example to me of his play for the last few season. Or the ball game two where Collins over threw the ball but instead of extending a bit and breaking up the play just stopped in route and let the ball fly right into the defenders hands. Sorry you make the money Bennett was making or is making you better make an effort.

RB you really need to stop looking at last season as the bench for Henry. Henry did well when we changed our O-line blocking scheme and Young started. I think we are moving more to a system at RB then needing a stud in the position.

I feel we have upgrade our S, #2CB, and MLB. We are in discussion to get a DE. I think we are in about the same spot but I like the changes we have made. That is really without even one of our draft picks panning out.
I would have to agree on the CB assessment... and his return skills will be sorely missed imo. You might be right regarding Henry... but Im also thinking that Henry returned to old form (as in those 2 great Buffalo seasons) and simply was very good for you guys last year. Its definitely a possibility as well. As far as WR, I dont think you guys have anyone over 4 years of experience. Thats a good thing for the future... but losing Bennett might hurt a bit in the leadership factor,etc. But overall... Vince didnt exactly light the league up in the passing department. Your WR and RB are questions that will be answered... but they are questions no doubt. Much like our QB situation.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote