View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004   #34
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno8
Carr does rock, wait till he has the line and a WR to complement AJ, to go along w/ Gaffney/Armsrtong in the slots.
I beleive that Carr already has the wrs he needs to be successful. Armstrong was a great find by Charlie C., this guy probally has the best hands on our team, always came up with the big catch on a crucial 3rd down(sign of a special player) . Also people forget that Gaffney came out very young and this season he has really showed me something. I don't know what it is, but it just seems like he has developed a little attitude in his play kinda like he has something to prove. I don't know if it was because of AJs break out year, but it just seems like he's more motivated and pushing himself and is growing nicely into a #2 wr. I will go ahead and say this now, with all the defenses gearing to stop AJ, next year Gaffney is going to make them pay and surprise alot of people. I think what our Qb and wrs need the most is chemistry, the talent is already there. Do yall remember the jets game where Carr stepped back and then threw the ball to AJ and nobody was there because they were not on the same page and the refs threw a flag for intentional grounding. During last offseason we were all hearing stories on how Johnson stood in front of a throwing machine for hours at a time to really work on his hands and boy did it ever work I love his work ethic. Why not stand in front of the real thing. I mean I would love to hear stories of Carr and his wrs going away somewhere during the offseason away from all domestic distractions and other teamates and stricly working on routes and their timing. Especially timing, most bad throws are a result of bad timing. If they did this I beleive the offense would benefit tremendously, especially in the audible department.

In case yall haven't noticed I haven't spoke at all about Bradford. This is because in a contract year ,a year where players usually try to market themselves to the team and others with their play on the feild. He has shown me only one thing, that we don't need him in 05 unless we sign him for depth and its a one year deal for the minimun. Its time for the veteran to step aside and let these young wrs grow and prosper, especially Gaff and Armstrong. Everytime we are in a three reciever set next year it needs to be Aj, Gaff, and Armstrong.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-29-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote