View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Inside MiniCamp NFL Channel

I am not familiar with NFL-Network analyst Jamie Dukes, but I was very impressed with him.
(A) He didn't bad-mouth the Texans, but did question if they had enough to be there - a playoff candidate I took that to mean. Certainly a fair question.
(B) complimented Rick Smith for the Schaub deal and pointed out the Texans only have 'bout 8-9 mil guaranteed money in Schaub. So if he doesn't work out, its not a huge investment. Good point IMO. But he thinks the Schaub pickup was a good move as it was time for Carr to move on.
(C) Seemed to think that Akoye was an excellent prospect
(D) Was not at all impressed with Marios rookie year and clearly thinks he was a mistake as when asked who he reminds him of he said Courtney Brown. Ouch ! Says he just doesn't think Mario has the quickness of Julius Peppers and is just a big, strong DE. Says he's got to hit double digit sacks this year.
(E) Because of the invetments in the DLine, he said they have to step up and be productive this year.
I enjoyed seeing the team for the first time in '07 - got me pretty excited for the upcoming season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote