View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
May I recommend a light Syrah with that bitterness?
Thanks, but I don't drink.

Bitter? Nah. I'm just stating fact. None of the points I mentioned can really be disputed (well, smurf blue being fugly could be subjective, I suppose).

I'm actually glad that we no longer have to deal with Bud Adams and his "finer qualities". Dude was a cancer on the Houston sports scene for years. There is a reason why former Oilers feel more love for Houston than the former franchise.

See, BA, you are probably the exception to the rule for Titans fans. I'd venture that most take the attitude of UTVinceYoung:

"I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team."

So the history of the team, much less the great players, are lost on Titans fans. Franchise records are just numbers in a book without pictures. The greatness of Earl and Bum and Elvin and Warren, etc., are for old Oiler fans, not Titans fans. Seriously, when Bruce Mathews tried to say that the so-called "Music City Miracle" made up for 35-3, I saw the look on Titans fans' faces. It was the look of "huh?"

Sloppy seconds indeed.

And before you feel the need to run smack on our lowly Texans, just remember that your team has won the same number of Super Bowls that we have: 0...except we've only been trying for five years, and what is Bud on now? Well over four decades of futility. (And don't let that number one loser of 2000 mean anything other than what it really was....one yard short and all).