View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I was do as I am want to do. Trolling the Titans boards and came across a thread where a poster asked about the name Titans. He must have been a new guy and my standard answer is that according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus. Which is true, but irratates some to have it put that way. Well like a good Troll I wanted a link to a site that actually says it. So off I go to do a little searching and find a link easily. The way the site put it made me chuckle and got me thinking about the whole thing. This is what I posted.

Now what I started thinking was that Bud had to be Uranus (fits doesn't it). Bresden, the mayor of Nashville at the time of the move could then be Uranus' sister Gaia. Then I put Titan fans and players in place of the Titans, the gods. So they would be the inbred children of Bud and Bresden. That would mean that it would logical that Zeus could be Roger Goodell, the chief of the NFL and if you follow it that far it makes since that he banished Pacman, one of the Titans.

It has been a long week, but it made me chuckle anyway. My sympathy to all Titan fans.

AWESOME!! Good job Overalls.