View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A nice little quote from a book I just read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I just finished reading Ed Fowlers book. "Loser Takes All: Bud Adams, Bad Football, & Big Business".
Ed Fowler....I haven't heard that name in years. He was on the "Three Amigos" radio sports show before they had all-sports radio in Houston. I remember setting my schedule around the football shows, because they always had some good stuff.

I did not know that he wrote a book, though. I'll definitely try to find a copy, because it sounds like a good read for old Oiler fans. I wonder what ever happened to him?

I've always liked Bruce Mathews, but disagreed with him when he implied that the "Music City Miracle" in Tennessee made up for 35-3. No Bruce, it did not. Maybe to you as an individual, but not to your old school fans. The memories of the Houston Oilers will always be tainted by that fateful day in Buffalo, and that's one franchise record that the Titans can keep. It is their destiny to be a choking franchise. One yard short against the Rams reinforces that point.