View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

My answer was in post # 20.
Quote:
The question wasn't literal really. I know google is around the corner.
I guess my point was you don't need a bunch of guys named Munchak, Matthews or Steinkuhler as you were longing for from the Oiler days. For every first round lineman you take you set aside a guy named Carr or AJ as the alternative. Dominant linemen don't grow on trees. It takes time to develop most players. You don't see a lot of top-10 type picks on the Pats line. You see a lot of guys who got better as they developed.

Here are all the first day Tackles in the 2003 NFL Draft...

First round
Jordan Gross Panthers - Gross was a top ten pick and struggles at Left Tackle. I believe they are moving him to RT full time next year.
George Foster Broncos Georgia - Mr Ankle-breaker. Solid young player, rarely if ever on the active roster his first year. Only has a handfull of career starts.
Kwame Harris 49ers Stanford - Plays behind someone named Kyle Kosier

Second round
Jonathan Stinchcomb Saints - Georgia - Don't know much about his development but plays behind Wayne Gandy. Gandy is still a solid NFL Tackle.

Third round
Wayne Hunter Seahawks - Plays behind Chris Terry AND Floyd Womack
Seth Wand Texans Northwest Missouri State - Starts, but with a young developing team.
Wade Smith Dolphins - Solid player. A Chester Pitts clone @ LT. Backs up Damion McIntosh

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote