View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Biped
The job of the players and coaches is to win, not to just compete and look good doing so. That is the mentaily that seperates teams like the Yankees from the rest. I want my team to expect to be the best every year, be it their 3rd or 30th seaon in exsistance, and for them to be upset enough to fix problems when they are not the best. That is not out of line or unreasonable.
No, having 100+ years of history in the largest market and unlimited money is what separates the Yankees.

Capers said it very well this week--change every two or three years and never give the coaches time to implement their system and you get the Cleveland Browns,i.e. perenial top 10 draft picks.

And yes, acting like a 3rd year team and 30th year team are exactly the same or that the Texans aren't doing anything to improve are both out of line and unreasonable.