View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004   #39
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is a losers mentality to EVER accept failure and that is what the Texans have presented us with so far.
I agree with that statement in general, just not with the Texans and their organization. Do you consider the Texans a failure because they are not in the playoffs? I'm sorry that I disagree with that, but I do. I respect the organization for the course that they are on. I respect the coaches for staying that course, and I respect the players for the effort they give. OK, now let's look at the 2004 Texans. They are currently 7-8, with a good chance of finishing the season at 8-8. I think most of us would have taken 7-9 or 8-8 from the start. In fact that's exactly what I predicted. Sure with a break here or there we could have even a better record, or with a bad bounce here or there we could have a worse record. You can throw that all out the window because it can be said for any NFL team after any NFL season. Our offense has improved, and with better o-line play the sky's the limit. Our D has really stepped it up. We have 2 rookies on the defensive side of the ball that will be playmakers for years to come. We have a second year receiver selected to the pro bowl, with many more to follow I'm sure. We have a QB that will turn out to be a very good one in the years to come. We have a very good running back. We have a class owner, class coaches, and class players. I'm sorry, but I happen to like Dom Capers' style of football and given the pieces of the puzzle that it takes to complete Capers' style I think we will be a force to be reckoned with. I guarantee you that if I had the time and money for season tickets, I would feel like I have definately gotten my money's worth.