View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Wiegert is under contract for three more years so there would be a bit of a cap hit to consider there but I don't think Wiegert is going anywhere next year.
Maybe Wiegert will come back, but I think he has competition for his job in camp next year. There's still $2.1 million unamortized on Wiegert's signing bonus. But, Zach will draw a $2.65 million salary next season. So releasing him prior to June 1, 2005 would save the Texans $550K against the cap, $1.95 million after June 1. I vote for releasing him after June 1.

Milford Brown is one of the 4 players out of the '02 draft that will become RFA's this offseason. The Texans will also have to make decisions on whether to tender Faggins, Wells, & Baxter. The minimum offer would be 1 year @ around $700K.

As far as signing Heitmann, I'm for it with one provision. And that's if the Niners don't tender Heitmann with the right of 1st refusal with 1st round compensation offer. That would be around $1.5 million and SF would be foolish not to extend Heitmann that offer.