View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans draft this guy but honestly, Seth Wand is going to have one more year of off-season work going into next year and he's going to improve. I think what the Texans really need on their offensive line is another center. You could take most of the pressure Carr has gotten this year away if you could just keep the middle of the o-line from being blown up all the time.
Seems to me that a lot of folks don't recognize that bad play by the center can make the OT's look worse. Pressure up the gut means no pocket and no place for Carr to step up, letting the tackles use their egregiously long arms to run DE's out of the play. Instead Carr is backing up to avoid getting stepped on by McKinney and backs into the awaiting arms of the DE's. The OT gets credit for giving up the sack but the real problem was the middle of the OL.