View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004   #2
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

postions to upgrade via free agency and the draft :

C mckinney out!

gimme a young center with the versatility to play guard. if hes a draftee hes probably going to have to be taken in the first or second round to have any chance to beat out mckinney. i was pleasently surprised with milford brown yesterday who could also be an option in the mix (at guard or center).

ILB foreman out

foreman's been productive...5+ yards beyond the line of scrimmage. if you've watched the game you've also seen how bad he can be at times in pass coverage. in addition to that hes not a good blitzer and limits the defense in that way. i like the guy but its time to move on. we need someone young who can do all of those things and light a fire under this defense when needed. i want someone mean for once...(i didnt say i wanted another time bomb like peek).

DL

we dont have what i consider quality depth...and we definitley dont have youth. payne seems to have recovered but im to paranoid to believe it completly. walker's performance dropped off this year as his check went up. i can see him being cut in a year or 2 for cap purposes. wrong or right i think its hard to dispute we need some youth here. (our run defense was horrible for the mostpart this year and the dl is a good place to begin correcting that.)

CB

i like faggins. he plays a gritty style i enjoy watching but hes only a 5th round talent. i have no problem with him on the field in our dime package ,but i dont want to see him in there on the nickle. i want someone taller then 5'8 (ideally 6 foot or so). consider this player one to be groomed for glenn's position. strike while the iron is hot...we still have hoke.

RB

think stacey mack, only younger and as good as advertised. he dosent have to be a superstar, just a steady grinder good for 4 before ya switch it up and put dd back out there.

TE

bit of a gamble here but a definite need. wait on joppru or take a prospect should one we like become available?

WR

i think bradford's gone. with gaffney and armstrong wr may not be as pressing a need but i see us taking one late in the draft (5-7).

----------------------------------------------------

i cant see casserly latching a ball and chain to our cap to sign walter jones...its going to take a lot to sign him.